Topics Map > Desktop > Email
Deactivating the Office 365 "Clutter" Feature
Instructions for deactivating OWA Clutter
If you want to deactivate the Office 365 "Clutter" feature, please follow these steps.
- Log in to OWA. There is no (obvious) way to deactivate Clutter in the Outlook client on your computer, and the instructions found on the web all seem to point to OWA as the way to deactivate Clutter. Probably the easiest way to log into OWA on our campus is to:
- Go to my.wisc.edu.
- Log in with your NetID, if so asked.
- Click on the Email app
- You may have to select an email account.
- Once in OWA, select Outlook. Click on the gear to open options, and then open the Mail menu.
- Click on Clutter, and then deactivate by selecting "Don't separate items identified as clutter".
- Then click Save.
These changes should trickle down to the Outlook client. You should not have to delete the Clutter folder after deactivating the feature.