2220V Smart Board Guide
Operating the Audio-Visual (smartboard) Equipment in 2220V
222V Smart Board Guide
THIS ROOM IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION - if you need to project, please see IIT.
How to project onto SmartBoard - COMING SOON TO 2220V
- The room has a laptop attached to the projector. We recommend using this device and load your presentation from a flash drive or a campus file storage, such as Box (https://uwmadison.app.box.com/login). The laptop should have the following setup.
a. Should have the VGA cable and usb cord attached.
b. Should have the audio cable plugged into the headphone jack.
- Turn on the projector by pressing the 'Power' button on the control bar below the screen.
- Open your PowerPoint presentation. You can present normal slide show without using any of the SmartBoard features.
PLEASE do not change any of the presentation settings we have as default as altering will likely cause problems displaying on the SmartBoard. If you would like to hide the SmartBoard tools, click the hide/expand button.
How to use SmartBoard Tools
- If you would like to use the SmartBoard tools, you can select from the tool bar along left side of screen by touching the screen or using the touchpad on the laptop,
PLEASE only use fingertip or the SmartBoard Stylus on the screen. Other objects will scratch/mark the surface. Never use pens, pencils or markers on the surface. (Stylus can be checked out for class period from IIT-2321)
- There are two pen colors, you can change either one by clicking the little gear icon that appears when you select the pen. Click "Save Tool Properties" after selecting your color.
- You can toggle between the selection tool, pens, highlighter and eraser from the screen.
How to shutdown the SmartBoard
- Please logout of any browser (if left logged in anyone with access to the room will be able to copy/change/delete files), shutdown the laptop and turn off the power on the SmartBoard when you are finished.