Topics Map > Information Security > Tools and Software > Identity Finder
Spirion (Identity Finder) - How to Save and Retrieve the Results of a Scan
This document shows how to save results and import saved scan results in Identity Finder. All documentation was done with Identity Finder 18.104.22.168 for Windows and Identity Finder 22.214.171.124 for Mac.
This document contains the following topics:To save results on the Windows client:
- Launch Identity Finder and perform a scan.
- The Identity Finder Summary Window will open when the scan completes. You can click the Save As button from the Identity Finder Search Summary window.
- You can then specify a save location and name for the results. You should also check the Use Identity Finder Profile Password box to secure the results (recommended).
- If you uncheck the Use Identity Profile Password, you will have to provide your own password to secure the file. It can be whatever you like.
- Open Identity Finder and run a scan.
- When the scan is completed, choose File and then Save from the drop-down menu.
- Specify the location and name of the file. Identity Finder also requires that you specify a password to secure the results. Do not lose this password as you will need to enter it to open the results.
- Click Save.
You can also import the results of previous scans in both versions of the clients and act on the found items.
- Launch Identity Finder.
- From the main Identity Finder Window, click the File tab in the upper left corner. Click Open from the drop-down menu.
- Find the results file you want to open and click Open to open it.
- If the file was secured with the profile you are currently using, the results will open in Identity Finder. If you are on the Guest Profile or a different profile, you will be prompted for the password used to secure the file. Enter it and click open.
- The results will be open in Identity Finder. If you try to perform an action on an item that has since been deleted, Identity Finder will ask if you want to keep the selection. Click Yes in both dialog boxes that appear.
- Launch Identity Finder.
- Navigate to the File menu and click Open. You will be prompted for the password to open the file.
- You will then need to enter the password again. Click OK after doing so.
- The results will now be open in Identity Finder. Since the Mac client does not use a Guest profile, you do not need to worry about which profile is currently being used as long as the password for the results file is known.
If an item in the results has been deleted or moved, the client will show an error window when trying to take an action on the item. It is best to keep updated results files to avoid having files with large numbers of deleted items.