Topics Map > Office of Cybersecurity > Tools and Software > Spirion
Spirion (Identity Finder) - Scheduling a Scan Using the Client (Win)
This document describes how to schedule a scan using the Windows client of Spirion. All documentation was performed with Spirion 10.9 for Windows.
Spirion for Windows has the option of scheduling scans. The scheduled scan can be configured with a variety of options.
Note: This feature is not available in the Mac client of Spirion.
To setup a scan schedule:
- Open Spirion and click the Configuration tab.
- Choose Enable Scheduling from the Scheduling button drop down menu.
- The Scheduling Settings will open. Check the Schedule Spirion check box.
- You can now configure a time for a scan. Click the button to open the Task Schedule menu. From this menu you can configure when Spirion will scan. When you are done click the button.
- You can also specify options to use your profile settings you have specified, a custom profile, or a configuration file. If you are unsure, just use your profile settings.
- Additionally, there are options to exit Spirion when the scan is complete and to automatically secure and save the results. Both are optional, though if you choose to save the results, use a strong password and do not lose the password or will you lose access to the results.
- When you are done configuring the settings, click OK. Spirion will request the credentials of a user login so it can perform the scan. Enter this information and click OK.
- Spirion is now configured. Spirion will open and perform the scan in Scheduled Task mode at the time you specified.
Note: If Spirion is already open at the time of the scheduled scan, the scan will not be performed.