DoIT Shared Tools - GitLab: Request a Needs & Requirements Analysis
Is GitLab and/or git.doit.wisc.edu the right choice for your needs? If you need to know more about GitLab, or need help understanding the current service offering(s), please contact the Shared Tools team to schedule a needs analysis.
How-to Schedule a GitLab Needs Analysis
- Copy the needs analysis template and ask you to answer the questions. If you don't know how to respond, leave the question blank.
- Discuss you or your group’s needs and experiences.
- Confirm current and forecast future target audiences, use cases, and needs.
- Review any technical requirements.
- Discuss the use cases and ways that git.doit.wisc.edu can be used.
- Help get you started with using GitLab.
- If needed, provide recommendations for alternatives to git.doit.wisc.edu.
- Connect you with additional training materials and resources.
After an initial consultation, the Shared Tools team will review the described needs, continue to ask questions, and expand on options to consider.
Getting Started with GitLab Recommendations
- Review the GitLab Training Tracks and GitLab Learn resources. Explore the possibilities and continue to share your ideas and anticipated needs with the Shared Tools team.
- Sign into the git.doit.wisc.edu and create a personal account. Use your 4 personal projects to test the basic experience.
- Work with the appropriate DoIT service teams to discuss and find the right resources to support your needs.
Who Should You Contact with Questions?
For general questions about tools (GitLab, GitHub, JIRA/Bitbucket, Microsoft Azure Dev/Ops, etc.), please contact the following DoIT service teams:
GitHub and Microsoft Azure Dev/Ops
|DoIT Shared Tools
|DoIT User Services