Topics Map > JIRA
Topics Map > Wiki
Topics Map > GitLab
Topics Map > Shared Tools
DoIT Shared Tools - Contact Us
Shared Tools Available
The Shared Tools team provides the application administration and limited user support of:
- GitLab (git.doit.wisc.edu)
- Jira Software (jira.doit.wisc.edu)
- Confluence/Wiki (wiki.doit.wisc.edu/confluence)
New Users or Group/Project/Space Requests
- GitLab - New Group Request Process
- JIRA - Due to changes in the service, we are no longer creating new projects
- Confluence Wiki - Due to changes in the services, we are no longer creating new spaces
Submit a Support Request
Support requests and inquiries can be submitted to the Shared Tools team by emailing email@example.com.
DoIT Shared Tools is now collaborating with the DoIT Help Desk. Questions or issues about GitLab will initially be processed by the Help Desk and then escalated to the Shared Tools team. You may contact the Help Desk team via email, phone, or chat.
The Shared Tools team strives to reply to:
- Urgent requests within 1-4 hours
- Standard requests within 2-3 business days
Tuesday Office Hours
Office hours are:
- Every Tuesday from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. CST
- Starting in October 2023, the first Tuesday of the month our office hours will be 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. CST
During these office hours we can:
- Answer questions about the discontinuation of Jira and Confluence
- Discuss best practices for migrating off Jira and Confluence
- Help with data exports and imports to other services or cloud instances of Atlassian products
- Provide static copies of your Confluence spaces
- Answer general questions and discuss any GitLab needs
Monthly Office Hours with GitLab
Starting September 14, 2023: The second Thursday of every month from 1:00 to 1:50 p.m. CST, our GitLab representative joins the Shared Tools team. Together, we can answer questions and help troubleshoot.
Emergency, After Hours, or Holiday Requests
If there is an outage or degraded service, the Help Desk will post an outage and escalate the status of the request with the Shared Tools team. Help Desk representatives will follow an internal escalation process. This includes notifying the the lead technologist(s) and the service coordinator.
Note: The Shared Tools team primarily responds during normal business hours. Outages, degraded service, and emergencies are addressed on an as-needed basis. After being notified of a service disruption the Shared Tools team will make a best effort attempt to restore services as quickly as is feasible and provide updates on the status of the request.