DoIT Shared Tools - JIRA - Add Users to a Project and Role via Google Group
You may grant access to JIRA users via Google group email list.
Add a UW Madison Google Group "User" to a JIRA Project
- To create a UW-Madison google group, follow the instructions on this document, UW-Madison Google Workspace - Create a Google Group. Example: BB Web Developers / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
Subject: Please create a Google Group User in JIRA
- Username: Example: BB Web Developers
- Full Name: Enter name you want to appear in JIRA web form dropdown menus, example: Team BB-Webdev
- Google group email address: Example firstname.lastname@example.org
The image below shows the JIRA Roles that are available. The most common choice is Project Users (Full).
- From there, JIRA Super Admins will create a "user" associated with the Google Group address you have provided. They will contact you via email when the new user is added.
Assign a Role to a Google group "user"
- Project Admins can navigate to Project Settings > Roles > View Project Roles link. The image below shows a red arrow pointing to the View Project Roles link.
- Click on Add Users To A Role button.
- Enter Team name into the Users or groups text box.
- Select your Team name from all the options in the dropdown menu.
- Select a Role from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Add button to save your changes.