Topics Map > JIRA
Topics Map > Wiki
Atlassian - How-to Setup Authentication for Separate Cloud Instances
Until enterprise cloud licensing is available on Campus, all Atlassian instances need to be set up using an email alias or sub-domain (e.g. @data.wisc.edu). Single Sign On and MFA/Duo is not supported. Authentication will need to be set up and self-managed for each separate instance.
In order to set up authentication, you will need to:
Work with Multiple Departments
Complete the Recommended Steps
If you have a claimed sub-domain (e.g. @data.wisc.edu):
- Verify a domain to manage accounts
- The cost for claiming a subdomain for education institutions should be $0
- If needed, provide your support ticket number to the Atlassian State & Local Government contact. They can check on the status of the request.
- The DoIT O365 Admin team can assist with determining email subtenant ownership.
- The DoIT Identity and Access management (IAM) can assist with configuring the SAML with an identity provider.
- Review Atlassian’s documentation for SAML configuration. It works with Shibboleth.
- Fill out an Identity Data Integration request to get authentication set up
- As needed, Contact Atlassian support for assistance with these steps
Important Note: If your team is not able to claim a sub-domain, please note that the Identity and Access Management team will not be able to operationally assist, and you should work with your local IT representative.