Compensation for Managers and Supervisors: Landing Page
This page is a collection of compensation documents for use by SMPH Managers and Supervisors. We regularly update resources and information on this page based on current compensation programs and initiatives.
General Compensation Policy and Guidelines
The compensation philosophy for SMPH exists within the larger campus compensation philosophy. Below are documents that outline, describe or support compensation philosophy and policies.
- Campus Salary Administration Guidelines:This document describes the guidelines for administering salaries at the University of Wisconsin—Madison. These guidelines are to ensure consistency in how salary decisions are determined across the university and to provide flexibility in salary adjustments based on circumstances.
- Campus Compensation Toolkit This campus toolkit provides additional resources for:
- Job titles Compensation
- Employment Categories
- Campus Salary Structure This website outlines the campus salary structure and details about salary grades and ranges.
- Temporary Salary Range Maximums
- Campus Overtime Policy This campus policy outlines the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and University policy for overtime work..
- Title and Total Compensation Program
- Compensation Glossary of Terms
- SMPH Compensation Intranet Page - Information for Employees
Salary Adjustment Resources
- Campus Manager/Supervisor Compensation Resources
- As a manager/supervisor, retaining employees and attracting top talent is critical to achieving the university’s mission and to the success of your team. This website has the following trainings available for managers/supervisors
- Supervisor Guide: Rate and Title Requests - Overview
- Salary Range Quartiles
- Supervisor Guide: Performance Base Building Increases
- Campus Salary Structure