Topics Map > Graduate Programs > Policies & Forms
Graduate Programs: Annual Review of Graduate Students (ARGS)
Each year all graduate students are asked to submit the Annual Review of Graduate Students (ARGS). The ARGS report will be reviewed by the Graduate Program Committee and faculty. All graduate students will receive a follow up response to their ARGS report. ARGS reports are due by April 1st each year and students will receive feedback by the end of May each year.
- reflect, review and catalog accomplishments
- tell your story, identify impact of your academics
- professional development opportunity
- contribution type (book, chapter, conference proceeding, journal article, manuscript, newsletter, technical report, etc), title, part of a larger work, authors (name, role, etc), journal/publisher, city/state publisher, volume, issue, description, publication status (accepted, in progress, published, revising and resubmitted, etc.), comments
- presentation type (colloquium, poster, conference presentation, guest speaker, keynote address, radio, podcast, etc), conference/meeting name, organization, location, title, authors (name, role, etc.) , number of participants, peer reviewed, published, description, link, status, date,
- Art and design exhibitions
- eports tab, "Annual Review of Graduate Students", date range (June 1, 2021 to May 31st, 2022: current academic year), file format: "word doc", click "run report"
- A word document will download onto your computer
EDIT ARGS REPORT AS A WORD DOCUMENT
CREATE PDF AND UPLOAD TO BOX
Combine the following documents into ONE combined PDF file:
- ARGS report with short answers included
- Updated CV
- Copy of your unofficial transcript
- Any supplemental information (e.g., teaching evaluations)
The categories and data fields should be used as a guide. There is no need to fill out each category if it doesn't make sense for your situation.
- The data should be available to you from year to year. If you entered a publication as "in preparation" last year, and now it is published, you can simply UPDATE the "status" to move the same publication through the system instead of re-entering it as a new entry.
- Q: Why is an activity I entered in Digital Measures not showing on the downloaded word document ARGS report?
- A: There are a few things you should check. Is the date entered within the activity correct? Did you assign a code in the ARGS data field within the activity? Is the date range you entered in the Report Tab inclusive of your activity. If an item is entered in Digital Measures, but is not showing up on your ARGS word document report, double check that it has an ARGS category listed in Digital Measures. Another common error is the date. Double check all dates in Digital Measures to be sure they match. The ARGS word document report pulls data and is created by ARGS category and date. If you see any discrepancies after double checking, feel free to contact Michelle Holland (email@example.com) for help investigating the situation.