School of Human Ecology T-shirt Design Guidelines
The School of Human Ecology’s Advising and Career Center seeks designs for a T-shirt that will be worn by all incoming first-year SoHE students at the Chancellor’s Convocation in the fall. The top designs will be voted on by current SoHE students. The winning design will be awarded a $200.00 prize paid through their student account.
- Submissions can only be made by enrolled and declared School of Human Ecology students.
- Submissions must be original work and may not include copyrighted images or text.
- Designs should avoid iconography representing Ember Hall or the 100 Women Wall of Honor. These installations in Nancy Nicholas Hall are limited to stewardship communications.
- Designs should avoid the Bucky Badger logo because it is trademarked and requires licensing approval.
- The design must be 1-color only.
- The design will be printed in white on the following cherry red T-shirt
- The design must fit on one side of a T-shirt
Creating the designs as vector graphics is highly recommended.
- The winning design will need to be submitted to the printer as a vector graphic
- Use Adobe Illustrator or similar (FREE) software to create vector graphics
UW logo rules
Key UW logo usage rules
Examples and Details
Don’t use elements of the logo as part of a different logo or shape.
Don't use the logo as part of a word.
To protect the logo’s integrity, a minimum amount of space must be maintained between the logo and type or other graphic elements.
Use an en dash rather than a hyphen between University of Wisconsin and Madison.
|To type an en dash on your Mac, type Option+Minus (-). To type an en dash on Windows, hold down Alt and type 0150 on the numeric keyboard; the en dash will appear upon releasing the Alt key. Source: Grammarly.com|
- School of Human Ecology must be spelled out somewhere on the T-shirt
- University of Wisconsin–Madison or W crest logo (see details and how to download the logo in the "UW logo rules" section above)
- The design should highlight the uniqueness of the School of Human Ecology and be appropriate for all 6 our majors.
- Incorporate iconic Wisconsin or University images into the design
- Be witty and we encourage you to reference pop culture trends
- Refer to the School of Human Ecology website for themes
- Design something you’d want to wear/display yourself
- customink.com is a helpful tool for seeing how your design will look on a T-shirt
How to Submit
- Submissions must be uploaded to the box folder
- The design must be submitted as a single PDF file
- The name of the file must include your name and student ID