Topics Map > Communications
School of Human Ecology T-shirt Design Guidelines
The School of Human Ecology’s Advising and Career Center seeks designs for a T-shirt that will be worn by all incoming first-year SoHE students at the Chancellor’s Convocation in the fall. The top designs will be voted on by current SoHE students. The winning design will be awarded a $200.00 prize paid through their student account.
- Submissions can only be made by enrolled and declared School of Human Ecology students.
- Submissions must be original work and may not include copyrighted images or text.
- Designs should avoid iconography representing Ember Hall or the 100 Women Wall of Honor. These installations in Nancy Nicholas Hall are limited to stewardship communications.
- Designs should avoid the Bucky Badger logo because it is trademarked and requires licensing approval.
- The design must be 1-color only.
- The design will be printed in white on the following cherry red T-shirt
- The design must fit on one side of a T-shirt
Creating the designs as vector graphics is highly recommended.
- The winning design will need to be submitted to the printer as a vector graphic
- Use Adobe Illustrator or similar (FREE) software to create vector graphics
UW logo rules
You may include the UW logo or the Human Ecology logo in your design.
- Download UW logos: use White Outline Reverse logos for your design
- Download the School of Human Ecology print logo:
- The use of UW logos must comply with university standards to protect the integrity of the UW brand and logo
- Be sure to read the "Usage" section closely
Key UW logo usage rules
Examples and Details
Don’t use elements of the logo as part of a different logo or shape.
Don't use the logo as part of a word.
To protect the logo’s integrity, a minimum amount of space must be maintained between the logo and type or other graphic elements.
Use an en dash rather than a hyphen between University of Wisconsin and Madison.
|To type an en dash on your Mac, type Option+Minus (-). To type an en dash on Windows, hold down Alt and type 0150 on the numeric keyboard; the en dash will appear upon releasing the Alt key. Source: Grammarly.com
- School of Human Ecology must be spelled out somewhere on the T-shirt
- University of Wisconsin–Madison or W crest logo (see details and how to download the logo in the "UW logo rules" section above)
- The design should highlight the uniqueness of the School of Human Ecology and be appropriate for all 6 our majors.
- Incorporate iconic Wisconsin or University images into the design
- Be witty and we encourage you to reference pop culture trends
- Refer to the School of Human Ecology website for themes
- Design something you’d want to wear/display yourself
- customink.com is a helpful tool for seeing how your design will look on a T-shirt
How to Submit
- Submissions must be uploaded to the box folder
- The design must be submitted as a single PDF file
- The name of the file must include your name and student ID
Please contact Ashley Hintermeyer at firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.