Topics Map > Graduate Programs > Degrees & Programs
Topics Map > Graduate Programs > Policies & Forms

Graduate Programs - Master's, preliminary exam, and thesis defense: Warrant Request


All graduate students completing a masters degree, preliminary exam, or thesis defense will need to request a warrant at least 3 weeks in advance of the date of the event. Once the warrant request is submitted, the warrant will be requested from the Graduate School. The approved warrant will be emailed to the student and the committee. 

Students can request their warrant using the following form: The date/time/location/title of the masters thesis defense, preliminary exam, or thesis defense along with the committee members will be needed to fill out this form. 

Students earning their Master's degree along the way to the PhD will need to "add" the Master's program to their record before requesting the Master's degree warrant. The Graduate School instructions for doing so can be found on their website under "Add/Change Major". Students will do so through their My Graduate School portal (, under the "program" tab). Students will "add" the Master's in Human Ecology (including the appropriate named option if relevant) for the current semester when they want to earn the Master's degree. Once the degree level request has been added, the request will be reviewed by the SoHE graduate program office. If the degree level request is approved, it will be submitted to the Graduate School for final processing. When the degree level is officially on the student record, the Master's degree warrant request can be processed by the SoHE graduate program office through the Graduate School. 

Questions: contact Michelle Holland ( 

Keywords:warrants, degree, masters, prelim, phd, request, forms   Doc ID:114667
Owner:Michelle H.Group:School of Human Ecology
Created:2021-11-03 15:37 CDTUpdated:2021-11-03 15:39 CDT
Sites:School of Human Ecology
Feedback:  0   0