Topics Map > Research Computing Support > Linstat
Topics Map > Endpoint Support > Thin Clients > Raspberry Pi
Connecting to Linstat with a Raspberry Pi
Follow these instructions to connect to Linstat on your Raspberry Pi thin client.
If you're new to Linux, be sure to read Using Linstat.
Connecting to Linstat
- Double-click on the "Linstat" shortcut from the desktop. This will launch a terminal session on the Raspberry Pi that has been pre-configured to connect to Linstat via SSH.
- If you get a security alert, click "Accept" to proceed. If you do not get this alert, proceed to step 3.
- The terminal will prompt you to input a username to "login as:". Provide your SSCC username. Press the "Enter" key to continue.
- Next you need to provide the corresponding password to finish authenticating the session. Enter your SSCC password and press "Enter" to continue. Note: in Linux, passwords entered into the terminal are not displayed (for security reasons). Do not be caught off guard by the fact that you are typing but characters are not being shown in the terminal.
- After successful authentication, you will be logged into one of the Linstat servers. The terminal is ready when you can see your username followed by the host you are connected to (the name following the @ symbol). You are now ready to use Linstat.
Disconnecting from Linstat
To disconnect from Linstat, simply type "exit" in to the shell and your session will be terminated.