Webex Meeting: Add Alternate Host to Webex Meetings
If you are not able to attend one of your Webex meetings, you can designate an alternate host to take over the host role for you.
An alternate host must be someone with a Webex Meetings host account at UW Madison. You can designate one or multiple alternate host for a single meeting, or for a series of reoccurring meetings.
A meeting cannot begin unless a host starts the meeting. If for some reason the host cannot start the meeting then the meeting cannot take place for anyone (participants). It may be advantageous to designate an alternate host. Only a UW Madison Webex Meetings account holder can be selected as an alternate host. They will receive an email saying they have been selected as an alternate host.
Designating an Alternate Host using Cisco Webex Productivity Tools (Outlook Desktop Client)
1. Select Schedule Webex Meeting in the menu bar
2. Enter the meetings details and add attendees in the To: field
3. Navigate to Change Settings in the menu bar
4. Under the Resource tab select the attendee you would like to add as an alternate host
Note - If you do not see the
name you wish to select under Change Settings, Resource tab, then you
have not entered their email in the To: field when starting the
message. Close out of Change Settings and go back to the To: field and
enter their primary email from UW Madison.
Designating an Alternate Host from the Webex site (uwmadison.webex.com)
1. Sign in to uwmadison.webex.com
2. Select the Schedule button
3. Enter an attendee's name and select the "Make this attendee an alternate host" button