WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - HTTP Error in Media Library
This document will show you what the HTTP error in WiscWeb's Media Library looks like, what it means, and how to resolve it.
The HTTP Error occurs in WiscWeb when a file larger than 24MB is uploaded to the Media Library.
This means that the file you are attempting to upload is too large.
- If you are loading an image in the form of a JPG, try re-saving it as a PNG. PNG files tend to be smaller in file size.
- Photos could also get compressed to reduce the image file size.
- For movie files like .mov’s and .mp4’s, consider loading the file to a tool like YouTube or Kaltura for hosting the content. You can then use iframe code to embed your video within the text area of the page.
- Files with apostrophes in the file name can not be uploaded to the Media Library. You will have to rename the file to remove the apostrophe and then attempt to upload again.
- For other files like .doc’s and .pdf’s, you can use UW Madison’s Box tool. Load them to a folder and then just link to them from the text in the page. Please note that we recommend requesting a new Box project directory for your team if one does not already exist. That way, the folder doesn’t have to be owned by an individual person.