Topics Map > Error Messages
Topics Map > Troubleshooting
WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Edits Not Showing Up
From time to time, WiscWeb users may experience issues with page caching, such that new edits to a page are not appearing or old edits are now reappearing. There are many factors that can contribute to page caching issues, including settings in the browser, server, and/or CDN.
When you experience issues with page caching, we ask that you please run through the following steps on your own first, so that we can rule out issues related to the browser:
STEP 1: Clear Browser CacheThe most common issue with page caching is that the browser cache needs to be cleared. Clearing the browser cache is different depending on which browser you are using. We suggest following the steps in this doc: [Link for document 21384 is unavailable at this time.] .STEP 2: Perform a Hard Refresh of the PageAfter the cache is cleared from the browser, we highly recommend performing a hard refresh on the page. This process will help force the browser to load the most recent version of the page.Windows/Linux: Hold down the Ctrl key and press the F5 key on the keyboardMac: Hold down Cmd and Shift keys and then press R on the keyboard
STEP 3: Restart Computer and BrowserIf you are noticing that your page cache has still not cleared, please shut down your computer and restart. Then, open a new browser session.
- Make note of the browser name and version you are using
- Make note of when the issue started occurring (date and time)
- Make note of the steps above that you have tried already to remedy the issue
- Make note of your IP address (Google "what's my IP")
- Take a screenshot of the results in your network tab when attempting to load the page:
- Right click on the page and choose the "Inspect" option
- This should open a window towards the bottom of your browsing window.
- Select the Network tab
- Refresh the browsing window
- Take a screenshot of the content that appears in the Network tab