Topics Map > Error Messages
Topics Map > Troubleshooting
WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Edits Not Showing Up
From time to time, WiscWeb users may experience issues with page caching, such that new edits to a page are not appearing or old edits are now reappearing. There are many factors that can contribute to page caching issues, including settings in the browser, server, and/or CDN.
When you experience issues with page caching, we ask that you please run through the following steps on your own first, so that we can rule out issues related to the browser:
Step 1: Clear Browser Cache
Step 2: Perform a Hard Refresh of the Page
Step 3: Clear Page Cache from Page List View
In WiscWeb, pages can be cached in memcache for up to 3 hours. Therefore, you may just need to force WordPress to clear the cache for the page in order for your new edits to take effect.
**We recommend only completing these steps for individual pages that were recently updated and require immediate changes. It is not intended to be run on all pages of the site in succession.
- Navigate to Pages in the dashboard
- Search for the page that you recently edited
- Hover over the page title and select "Purge from Cache" option
Step 4: Restart Computer and Browser
- Make note of the browser name and version you are using
- Make note of when the issue started occurring (date and time)
- Make note of the steps above that you have tried already to remedy the issue
- Make note of your IP address (Google "what's my IP")
- Take a screenshot of the results in your network tab when attempting to load the page:
- Right click on the page and choose the "Inspect" option
- This should open a window towards the bottom of your browsing window.
- Select the Network tab
- Refresh the browsing window
- Take a screenshot of the content that appears in the Network tab