Topics Map > UW Theme Functionality > Page Elements
WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Posts Listing Page Element
Latest Posts will allow you to display your latest posts on a page. You can select the category and number of posts to display on the page. For an example, see the WiscWeb website.
Latest Posts is available in One, Two, and Three Column Content Layouts.
- We recommend using no more than three feature posts, and then linking to the rest of the posts of that type.
Adding the Latest Posts Page Element
- Navigate to the page on which you want to add the Latest Posts page element.
- Scroll to the Primary Content Area and the Layout on which you want to add the Latest Posts.
- At the bottom of that Layout, click on Add Page Element.
- On the Page Element list, click on Latest Posts.
Using the Latest Posts Page Element
Latest Posts has the following options:
- Title: Adds a title above the posts.
- Number of Posts: The number of posts that are displayed. Five is the default.
- Category: If you use categories, you can limit the posts on the page to a specific category by selecting that category from the dropdown.
- Show Post Date: By checking this box, posts will display the date they were published.