The method to have an account set up on Karma (Prod) or Kiddo (Non-Prod) is the following;
- Contact the Workload Automation team admins, using this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Give them your name, NetID, team you are on, and which server you need access to (Prod or non-prod)
- We will set you up quickly, usually the same day - and then e-mail you back when ready.
More details for the Security Access request: (as of Nov 2022)
IWS changed it’s security from local security polity to Active Directory when we upgraded to v10.1 and moved to Linux Servers
- Active Directory (AD) provides Login authentication for IWS DWC as well as our Third Party Gui interface called webadmin.
- Active Directory is managed by the UW Identify Access Management (IAM) Team, system wide and uses NetID and password.
- Once the new Access request comes in to the IWS Admin team - the user has to be added to the proper Prod and/or Dev “Manifest” Service Group for the IWS DWC Access.
- Next, we need to add them to the IWS Security file manually, and know which team they are a part of (this allows them access to just their Team’s servers)
- And finally, they need to be added manually to WebAdmin for either Prod and/or Non-Prod Masters, again by proper TEAM. This is done by a IWS Admin only.