TWS - Applying for access to see or interact with Workload Automation
How to get access to use TWS via GUI
IBM's integrated GUI is their Dynamic Workload Console or "DWC". WebAdmin is a third party software GUI to view DoIT's TWS. You will need to have an account on Raspberry (TWS Master) in order to view the schedules, reports, workstations, etc. This account is a user account only and will only be needed for either GUI.
The method to have an account set up on raspberry is the following;
- Fill out System Engineering's new user request form located here, https://platform.doit.wisc.edu/newuser/Live/Default.aspx. (you will need your netid and password to see page.
- Use the example below to fill in the form.
- Once you receive the email with your password, use SecureCRT to log into raspberry and change your password. You MUST change it to the same password you use for the DWC or WebAdmin
- Once you have changed the password, log off.
- Try the DWC or Webadmin and you should be able to see the current plan.
Here is the values you need to fill in on the request form;
Systems Engineering New User Request
Account User Information
Name: Joe Cool
Phone Number: 608-555-5555
Email Address: email@example.com
DoIT Group: your group
Account Sponsor Information
Full Name: your boss name
Phone Number: boss phone
Email Address: boss email
Operating System: AIX
Requested Username: joecool (usually your NetID)
Account Type: User
Replicate Existing Account: No
Access Method: Unix SSH
Account Needed By: 11/30/2020
Account Expiration: Never
Account will be used for: Web Admin/Tivoli
Are there commands that you need to run with administrative privileges? No
Do you require a primary OS group membership? No
Here is how to set up the SSH to Raspberry;
Start a new session in Secure CRT
Click Next and enter the name you want for the session
Then click Finish
Click the connect button (furthest left) and highlight Raspbeery and click connect
Enter your user name and temporary password. Then the screen will ask you to change your password.
This is where you change it to the one you are CURRENTLY using for DWC.
Then disconnect and log into WebAdmin.