WebCheckout - General Information and Quicklinks
This document includes general information about the InfoLabs equipment circulation service, including frequently used links, location information, and questions, as well as service eligibility. The information is reviewed and updated semesterly.
- WebCheckout Pilot - General Information
- Starting January 25, College and Memorial Computer Labs will be switching over to WebCheckout (linked below) to manage the circulation of all equipment, including their laptops, cameras, projectors, and recorders. Other computer lab and library locations will continue to use ECS (linked below) for equipment checkout.
- UW-Madison Technology Circulation - WebCheckout
- InfoLabs Equipment Checkout System (ECS)
- DoIT InfoLabs - General Information
- DoIT InfoLabs - Location Listings
- UW-Madison InfoLabs KB
How to get help?
- Any and all questions regarding technology circulation, including policy, fines, or support requests can be directed to email@example.com.
What do I need to know about WebCheckout?
- WebCheckout is a new system for technology circulation for the InfoLabs program. Starting January 25, College and Memorial Computer Labs will be piloting this new system to manage the circulation of all equipment. Other locations will follow at the end of the Spring Semester 2022.
- WebCheckout is a system that enables better user interaction with InfoLabs circulating items, allowing for online self-service for viewing, reserving, and renewing available equipment.
How will the move to WebCheckout affect me if I use walk-in checkout services?
- If you use walk-in services only, the move to WebCheckout will not affect you at all. The only difference you will see is where the email confirmation comes from and how it looks.
- If you have been communicating with Technology Circulation staff for renewals, you may be able to move your workflow to the online portal, but that is not required at this time.
- If you use the ECS front page to understand current available equipment levels, we are working on a replacement for that functionality. At this time, you will have to log into the WebCheckout Patron Portal, choose a circulating location, and check available inventory through that interface.
Where can I find more information about WebCheckout and InfoLabs Technology Circulation?
- Please see the quick links at the top of this page for links to additional information about all of the above.
The following list constitutes the eligible groups for InfoLabs circulation services.
- All Current Madison Employees
- All Enrolled Students
A current, valid Wiscard must be presented at time of checkout.