DoIT Departmental Support - Windows OS Deployment - How it Works
DoIT Departmental Support's Windows OS Deployment Service is a flexible, cost effective solution that UW-Madison departments may use to deploy Windows Operating Systems and accompanying applications to new and existing departmentally owned systems. The service utilizes a customized instance of the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit to provide a highly scalable deployment solution with the ability to provide one-touch or zero-touch Windows deployments.
About the Service
Our fixed pricing model will provide your department access to a customized Windows deployment workflow and support for large number of different hardware configurations. Additional workflows and hardware support are available by request on a T&M basis.*
Features and Benefits
- Updates for Windows 10 and 11 as well as all supported standard software options are refreshed monthly, so the latest version of Windows and installed applications are available immediately on new deployments.
Hardware support for all Dell departmental bundles along with many other system types are included, and more can be added on request.*
- Imaging workflows include the ability to manually select the version of Windows as well as which specific applications are installed for a given system and can be automated to use the same version of Windows and installed application bundle for all systems.
Custom workflows can be created for different system types (i.e. staff systems vs lab systems).*
- Systems can automatically be joined to Campus Active Directory or to your department’s Active Directory domain.
USB and PXE boot options are available to begin the imaging process.
Out of the Box
Basic access to the Windows OS Deployment service grants departments access to:
- Deployment workflows for currently supported versions of Windows.
- Options to install a wide range of supported hardware and software.
- Delegated access for up to five departmental staff to be able to login to the service to initiate the imaging process.
The Windows OS Deployment Service fee is fixed and is based on the total number of Windows systems owned by your business unit. There are no per-system charges for using the service. Agreements are on a per fiscal year basis and are renewed annually.
|1 - 100||$75||$900|
|101 - 200||$100||$1,200|
*Note: customization requests are made at DoIT Departmental Support T&M rates ($74/hr). Vendor driver support for an OS is required for DoIT to be able to add additional compatible system types.
Once we've created a custom workflow for your department or group, you can follow the directions below to begin deploying Windows to your supported systems.
Supported Hardware and Software
- If you still need assistance, or have additional questions about the service, please email email@example.com.