SIS/Service Indicators - Viewing Service Indicators
A Service Indicator, often referred to as a hold, that is on a student’s record indicates something that has been completed or needs to be completed, such as meet with an advisor or pay a fee. You can view the service indicators on a student's record.
You can view service indicators two ways:
- Navigate to the Manage Service Indicators page
- When visible, select a positive or negative service indicators icon (★, ∅ ) on student pages.
From Manage Service Indicators page
- From Home, select: Student Records WorkCenter, Manage Service Indicators
- Tip: Menu navigation: > Campus Community > Service Indicators > Person > Manage Service Indicators
- Use the Find page to location the student's record
From Any student record page
- Find a student page that displays a service indicator icon (★, ∅)
- Note: These icons do not display on the Manage Service Indicators page.
- Select positive (★), or negative (∅) service indicator icons.
If you used ★, ∅ icons, the Manage Service Indicators page displays with the Display Effect filtered by 'Negative' or 'Positive' based on the selected icon. Otherwise, the Display is 'All.' To change, select Effect and select Refresh.
Note: Some service indicators may be 'expired' based on End Term and End Date.
Select Code link for the service indicator you want to view more details.
The View or Edit Service Indicator page will display based on your service indicator security. Note: The Services Impacted area of this page shows services that can be impacted, including enrollment, records, etc.
When done, select [Cancel]. The Manage Service Indicators page will display.
If [Cancel] button displays, select. You will return to the page you were on.