CCI Private Cloud - Changing the Memory Configuration of a VM
This document details the process for adding or removing memory.
- Open the CCI Private Cloud Portal - https://cloud.cci.wisc.edu
- The CCI Private Cloud Portal can only be accessed from devices with a Well-known UW-Madison Campus IP address ranges and hosts, WiscVPN - Departmental VPN or WiscVPN (uwmadison.vpn.wisc.edu) - Getting Started must be used to access the CCI Private Cloud Portal from an off-campus connection.
- If prompted to Select your domain:, select ad.wisc.edu from the pull-down and click on Next.
- Log in using your netid as your username. If ad.wisc.edu is not listed as the domain beneath the password prompt, click on Sign in to a different domain and go back to step 2.
- Select the Resources tab.
- Select the Deployments tab.
- Select the Filter icon, if needed.
- Locate the VM needing the additional.
- Expand the deployment and highlight the VM.
- Select the three dots next to the virtual machine.
- Select Resize from drop-down menu.
- Memory (Total Memory in MB)
- Increase size in MB (1024 MB = 1 GB)
- If the VM was powered on at the time of reconfiguration, it will be shut down in order to perform the reconfiguration.
- Note: Other actions may be unavailable until the reconfigure action is executed.
CCI Private Cloud Incident Reporting
- Customers should contact the DoIT Help Desk to report an incident or check the outages page for an CCI Private Cloud incident.
- Formal support is provided for CCI Private Cloud during business hours only. After-hours support is best effort.
CCI Private Cloud Technical Support
- Customers should contact the DoIT Help Desk or email firstname.lastname@example.org with support requests.
- CCI Private Cloud technologists will respond to all support requests by the end of the following business day.