Adobe Photoshop - Getting Started (UW-Madison)
How to Download and Sign In
Faculty and staff can download Acrobat by following the directions in Logging in with Your UW-Madison Account.
Check to see if you are eligible to use Adobe Creative Cloud services from UW System Eligibility for Adobe Creative Cloud.
Adobe Acrobat has been licensed by the UW-System for use by faculty and staff on both UW- and personally-owned devices, as well as those with UW-owned machines provisioned with Shared Device Licensing. Please check with your local IT staff to see if they can install Adobe Acrobat for you or if there are departmental policies on use and support of Adobe products.
- Adobe Education Exchange Photoshop materials. Up and Running with Adobe Photoshop is a good intro to Photoshop.
- Adobe TV Photoshop videos
- Adobe Photoshop tutorials
- Lynda.com has excellent tutorials on Adobe Photoshop. For a broad overview see Up and Running with Photoshop for Photography or Up and Running with Photoshop for Design. Lynda.com has many other tutorials on Photoshop as well. For information on logging into Lynda.com please see [Link for document 21984 is unavailable at this time]
- You can also find many YouTube tutorials on Adobe Photoshop.
Documentation and Resources
- If you are a UW-Madison student and would like assistance with using Adobe Photoshop please contact DoIT STS through their "Ask a Trainer" service. Someone will contact you within two business days to set up an appointment.
- Instructors, staff, and students can use the Adobe software suite at most UW-Madison computer labs.