MFA-Duo - Identity Assurance Level 2 Credentialing Process
Please note: This process applies only to the UW-Madison implementation of MFA-Duo. If you are here from another campus please refer to the following document to obtain more information on your local campus' processes for handling Identity Assurance Level.
This document outlines the process by which a Madison user of the MFA-Duo Multi-factor authentication service would use to be able to authenticate to systems requiring Identity Assurance Level 2 (IAL2) such as HRS, SFS, and UW Business Intelligence.
- Before proceeding please ensure your NetID is set up to use MFA-Duo by following the process outlined here
- Log into the UW Digital ID application at http://uwdigitalid.wisconsin.edu/
- Click Request from the left hand menu
- Select the Identity Proofing option
- Verify your email address
- Visit an LRA (Local Registration Authority) with your campus photo ID and a state ID, drivers license, military ID, or passport to verify your identity