Topics Map > Academic > Academic Policies & Procedures

CALS Study Abroad Eligibility Information

CALS Study Abroad, in partnership with International Academic Programs (IAP), manages a portfolio of programs that are available to all UW-Madison students, regardless of primary school or college. Most programs require that students be degree-seeking, unless noted in the eligibility criteria on the program page (e.g. Farm and Industry Short Course students are eligible to apply for a few programs). CALS students participating on any UW Study Abroad programs must have remaining requirements for their degree at the time of the study abroad program, i.e. they have not completed all of the requirements for their degree, regardless of outstanding requirements for additional majors and certificates. Students who have completed all degree requirements prior to the study abroad program will be graduated and are ineligible for the program (see, for example, the CALS graduation policy).

Among eligible students applying to a CALS Study Abroad field experience that is financially supported by CALS and meets the Undergraduate Certificate in Global Health field experience requirement, priority will be given to students who:

  1. Are pursuing the Undergraduate Certificate in Global Health

  2. have not already completed an approved Undergraduate Certificate in Global Health field experience requirement

KeywordsStudy Abroad, Eligibility   Doc ID67908
OwnerDiana A.GroupCALS Academic Affairs
Created2016-10-20 11:04:22Updated2022-06-06 15:24:03
SitesCALS Academic Affairs
Feedback  0   0