Phishing Email Reporting
Per UW-Madison procedures (https://it.wisc.edu/news/learn-how-to-recognize-and-report-phishing/)
To report general phishing emails, go to www.antiphishing.org. To report phishing emails that appear to be from within the UW-Madison campus, go to Report an Incident or forward the email to email@example.com. You can also submit offending email using the report spam feature within the web or desktop email client.
If the email is from a wisc.edu address, please forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org as described above. Otherwise, follow the instructions below:
- Open the message and click the down arrow next to Report Message
- Choose what option you wish to use: Junk, Phishing, Not Junk
Outlook on the web and Outlook for Mac users
- Open the message and click the Report button
- Select Report Phishing or Report Junk
Outlook mobile app
- Open the message and tap the ellipsis (...) in upper right corner.
- Tap Report Junk
- Tap Junk or Phishing