Eligibility for this ServiceThis service is available to occupants of the Wisconsin Institute for Discovery and the Morgridge Institute for Research.
This service is not available to host individual/personal websites for students, faculty, or staff.
Responsible UseYou are required to:
- Follow the Regent Policy Document 25-3 (formerly 97-2) Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources which covers:
- Acceptable and Unacceptable Uses of Information Technology Resources
- Other Limitations on Use of Information Technology Resources
- Failure to Comply with Information Technology Resource Policies
Inappropriate Use PolicyWe reserve the right to remove a website or application if the website or application compromises the confidentiality, integrity, or availability of University or Morgridge data or information systems; violates University policies or laws that govern the use of University data; or performs a function that is inappropriate for a non-restricted data environment. Examples of inappropriate use of this service include, but are not limited to:
- Security issues resulting from software flaws
- Site neglect and failure to apply security patches
- Spam or other inappropriate commercial activity
- Publication or collection of information inappropriate for a public facing web server such as credit card numbers, protected health information, social security numbers, or FERPA protected information.
ComplianceIt is your responsibility to comply with Restricted Data Security Standards. If your application stores, processes, transmits, handles, or otherwise accesses restricted data as defined by UW-Madison IT Security, and DiscoverIT is not notified, DiscoverIT will take appropriate action to enforce compliance.
Division of ResponsibilitiesDiscoverIT is responsible for:
- maintaining a stable environment for application development and web access. DiscoverIT will strive to maintain the availability of the services at all times. In the event of an outage, DiscoverIT staff members will resolve the issue promptly and provide appropriate information to you via available channels.
- all of the content of your site(s) and all web application development, including testing and troubleshooting.
- maintaining who has edit or admin access to your site(s). When a person leaves your group and no longer needs edit or administrative access to your site, you will promptly remove his or her access.
- promptly reply to DiscoverIT audits as shown on the last page of this document.