Emeritus/Emerita status is an honorary title at UW-Madison. There is an process for applying for this status. Extension employees granted emeritus status will need to have an emeritus Person of Interest (POI) record in HRS.
- Extension employees who previously received emeritus status from UW-Extension had their privileges transferred to UW-Madison as part of the UW Colleges and UW-Extension Restructuring. These individuals should continue to identify that they are UW-Extension emerita as that correctly identifies the relationship with the granting body.
- Extension employees applying for and receiving emeritus status after July 1, 2019 will receive status from UW-Madison. These individuals should identify as UW-Madison emerita.
- This retirement brochure contains privileges for UW-Madison Retirees and Emerita.
Process for Division of Extension Employees to Apply for UW-Madison Emeritus Status
- Emeritus/Emerita status is an honorary title conferred upon individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Had permanent employment at UW-Madison;
- Are 55 years of age or older;
- Have completed a minimum of ten years of distinguished service;
Process for UW-Extension Emerita to Obtain UW-Madison Privileges
Note: This process is for Extension emerita who do not yet have a UW-Madison NetID.
POI form (template) that is submitted to ASU OHR:
- Extension emeritus becomes aware that they do not have a UW-Madison NetID or email account.
- The emeritus employee fills out the POI form and signs it. The information is necessary to ensure that no duplicates are created in HRS.
- The completed form must be faxed to the UW-Madison Administrative Services Unit (ASU). It cannot be emailed. Fax and contact information is on the POI Form.
- ASU OHR will enter the information in HRS to create an emeritus POI record. ASU OHR will contact Extension Divisional HR regarding the appropriate UDDS code.
- ASU OHR will send you an email with NetID activation instructions.
Emeritus IT Access with UW-Madison NetID
You can also refer to the IT Services eligibility matrix.