Instructions on submitting changes, posting events, and domain name usage.
Changes to content, profile updates, and corrections (i.e. grammar, spelling) can be submitted using a Qualtrics Survey. The information will then be routed to the appropriate Program Web Committee member. Content changes need to be approved by committee before being implemented.
1. Events can be submitted on the GNS Website.
2. Click on "Post your Event"
3. After you click "post your event" a new screen will open. It will allow you to enter the following:
a. Event Title (Required)
b. Date (Required)
1. All Day - select if event is all day long
2. Add end date - select to set specific event times
c. Venue Name
e. Categories - allows users to search for
h. Organizer name and email
i. Free (check box) or cost
j. Submitter name and email
4. If your event has a picture, email it here: Event_P.firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Your event will be approved within 24 hours if submitted during the normal work week. If submitted on Friday-Sunday, it will be approved on Monday (unless Federal holiday, it would then be approved on Tuesday.)
Note: If you are sending a word document of the event, images needs to be sent separately.
Domain Name Usage
The domain name is gns.wisc.edu . Only the Department of GNS may use this domain name. A fourth tier may not be added to the domain name to create a personal webpage for faculty, academic staff, or students. University policy can be found here.