Google Drive, formerly known as Google Docs, is a suite of products that lets you create different kinds of online documents, work on them in real time with other people, and store your documents and your other files -- all online, and all for free. http://www.doit.wisc.edu/googleapps/
- Upcoming DoIt Workshop (must register, but free! http://www.doit.wisc.edu/googleapps/training/
- 24/7 Lynda.com Courses (free!): Lynda.com offers self-paced online course free to campus users by logging in with your netID and password. Click here for a Google Drive tutorial.
Graduate Records Examination – ets.org/gre
GWIS was created by the Graduate School to allow electronic communication between departments and the Graduate School Office of Admissions. GWIS is a copy of Graduate School applicant data found in ISIS. This is the system you will use to track and update an applicant's progress in the admissions process.
- Contact Judy Bauman to get access.
- Upcoming Workshops If you have any inquiries concerning future workshops, you may contact Judy Bauman.
International English Language Testing System - http://www.ielts.org
InfoAccessInfoAccess Service provides its customers with:
- Data which is comprehensive, reliably available, timely, accurate, flexibly structured, and understandably organized
- Data Documentation which is complete, accurate, well organized, and easily accessible
- Consulting and support for tools used to transform data into information (e.g. Interactive Reporting)
- Help identifying, documenting, and prioritizing UW-Madison campus-wide data and information needs for potential inclusion in the InfoAccess Data Warehouse
The InfoAccess Service and its data warehouse support DoIT’s strategic objective to provide UW-Madison faculty and staff easy access to the data and information they need.
InfoAccess is available, at no cost, to UW-System faculty and staff.
Michigan English Language Assessment Battery – cambridgemichigan.org/melab
Qualtrics is a web-based survey service that is available for use by all UW-Madison faculty, staff and students by logging in with your NetID and password. The UW-Madison Qualtrics Survey Hosting Service allows the campus community to easily create surveys, collect and store data, and produce reports. http://survey.wisc.edu
Free online workshop: http://www.qualtrics.com/university/researchsuite/
The Query Library is a repository of pre-written queries available to faculty and staff who work with benefits, curricular, human resource, payroll, and student data. For more information, check out the Graduate and Professional Student Section of the Query Library Knowledge Base:
SARA was created by the Graduate School for tracking satisfactory progress of enrolled graduate students. SARA consists of "live" data pulled directly from ISIS, in addition to tracking data developed by the Graduate School (e.g. requests for grade changes, late enrollment, overloads, and degree completion processing). SARA can provide a list of students by programs, or it can display comprehensive information about one student at a time.
New User Access Steps: Contact Judy Bauman to get access
Existing Users: Log in at https://www.gradsch.wisc.edu/portal/login.jsp
The Student Information System (SIS) is the "behind-the-scenes" software program providing data to assist UW-Madison staffers in their efforts to oversee the continued enhancement of functionality for student administrative services spanning everything from SOAR and admissions through graduation.
Test of English as a Foreign Language http://www.ets.org/toefl