Topics Map > Systems Administration
RHF Quantum Vended Laundry Software
Instructions for RHF staff to set up Quantum Vended laundry monitoring software
Using the Quantum Software
- Connect to UWNet using your laptop's WiFi connection
- Launch Palo Alto GlobalProtect to connect to the UW-Housing Network via VPN. You must establish a VPN connection before launching Quantum and trying to connect to the server.
- After establishing a VPN connection, launch the laundry alert software and import data from the desired laundry machines.
- Once data collection is complete, close the Quantum software to ensure that the new data synchronizes back to the server. Failure to exit the software before leaving the current location can result in corrupt data being uploaded to the database!
- Disconnect from the VPN connection before leaving your current location. You will need to reconnect to VPN at the next location.
Installation and Configuration
- Install the Quantum Vended Software
- Launch the software after it is installed by clicking the shortcut on the desktop
- The software will prompt you to enter a software key. Click "Skip" and then click "OK" on the warning that pops up.
- Next the software setup page will allow you to configure the business type. This can be changed later, but for now click "OK" to continue.
- Quantum will now try to connect to the database. Click "Advanced Options" to configure the database connection.
- In the advanced options enter the server name in the "Server name" field. Do not change the "Database name". Be sure that the software is set to "Use windows authentication". Finally, click "Test connection" to ensure that the connection to the server is working. Finally click "Update" to apply the settings and then click "Close" to exit the setup wizard.
- Note: If you attempting to use the Quantum software on a laptop with a non-domain account (local login), you will need to contact Technology Services for assistance in configuration.
- Relaunch the Quantum software by clicking the shortcut on the desktop. The main page of the software should load and look like the example below. You will be able to confirm that it worked as the data from the server will populate within the application.
- Once the Quantum software is installed, you need to perform additional steps to setup and configure the Laundry Alert software. You can find the instructions for configuring Laundry Alert here: [Link for document 90266 is unavailable at this time.]
In order to run reports, it is necessary to also install the Crystal Reporting Engine. Follow these instructions to install Crystal Reporting
- If you have the Quantum software running, terminate any active windows and fully exit the program.
- Navigate to "\\housing.wisc.edu\applications\Quantum Vended 7.1 + LaundryAlert\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0"
- Run the "CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_5.msi" MSI installation file.
- Relaunch Quantum and run a report to confirm that the engine has installed correctly.