Topics Map > Active Directory > Campus Active Directory
Campus Active Directory - Requesting an Organizational Unit (OU)
This document outlines the process of requesting an Organizational Unit (OU) in Campus Active Directory.
As of December 9th, 2019 the process for requesting an Organizational Unit (OU) within the campus Active Directory has changed.
To request a new OU follow these steps:
- Go to the OU / OU Administrator request form located here
- Select Adding New Organization Unit
- Enter your name
- Enter your UDDS
- Indicate who the IT manager, dean, or director in charge of the area that will be using the new OU
- Click the arrow in the lower right to proceed
- Enter you desired OU name (3 - 5 characters)
- Indicate if your new OU will be managed by DoIT Departmental Support
- Indicate if your new OU will use the DoIT Shared Drive service
- Summarize the intended use of the requested OU
- List the names of the individuals you wish to request accounts for (and if you know them -- their NetIDs)
- Indicate any questions, concerns, or special considerations
- Click the arrow at the bottom right to submit your request
Requests will be populated into our Cherwell-based WiscIT ITSM product and handled as technologists become available to generate the new OU and any new account(s).