IT Policy Activity, Sep 2017
Posted: 08:00:00, Tuesday, Aug 29, 2017 Expiration: 18:00:00, Thursday, Sep 28, 2017
The itpolicy-announce list communicates policy changes and opportunities to participate in development. Anyone may join by sending a blank email to email@example.com.
New / Revised Documents
None in August.
See the Last Reviewed / Revised List for earlier activity.
Draft of "Cybersecurity Risk Management Policy".
- The Information Technology Committee (ITC) endorsed the policy on May 19. The University Committee (UC) will consider it this Fall.
- Approval of the proposal is pending. Drafting of the policy and procedures has begun in parallel with the proposal.
- Under development by the Policy Planning & Analysis Team.
- To comment, or suggest additional documents that need to be developed or revised, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forums / Events
- To comment, or suggest future topics, please email email@example.com.
Teams / Governance
Sep 12, 3:00-4:30, Rm 1360 Biotech (425 Henry Mall).
During the Fall, appointment of the PAT memberr to represent DTAG.
- DTAG has a campus-wide leadership role that is broad in scope and parallels the responsibilities of divisional administrative and technology leaders. Anyone may attend. DTAG meeting schedule. Administrative contact.
Next meeting, date, time, location, TBD.
During the Fall, appointment of the PAT member to represent IAG.
- The IAG reviews and makes recommendations on campus infrastructure operations and projects. Administrative contact.
Sep 15, 10:00-12:00, Rm 3139 CS.
During the Fall, appointment of the PAT co-chair to represent ITC.
The ITC is the shared governance advisory body for policy and planning for information technology throughout the university. See the ITC Charge for details. Anyone may attend. ITC meeting schedule. Administrative contact.
- Next meeting, date, time, location, TBD.
Review of the Proposal to develop a Network Firewall Policy. (tentative)
During the Fall, appointment of the PAT co-chair to represent ITSC.
- The ITSC is the executive body that leads the strategic planning, organization, prioritization, investment, and decision-making activities in all areas of IT throughout UW-Madison. Administrative contact.
Schedule for drafting, endorsement and approval of the Network Firewall Policy.
Continued revision of IT Policy Principles and Procedures, and related documents.
Planning for the Oct 3 IT Policy Forum.
- Re-charterig of the PAT, status, changes.
- Appointment of Analysis Subcommittee for the Network Firewall Policy.
- Review of the draft Network Firewall Policy.
- The PAT advises and assists the Office of the CIO with the iterative improvement of IT Policy Principles and Procedures, and coordinates policy communications. See the PAT charter for details. Anyone may attend. Faculty, staff and students at UW-Madison may join. Meetings are normally on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month, 1:00-2:00. PAT meeting schedule. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sep 20, 1:00-2:00, Rm 334 Bascom.
During the Fall, appointment of the PAT memberr to represent RTAG.
- RTAG advises the Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education in meeting their responsibility to ensure that the policies, practices, and resources around research cyberinfrastructure and information technology are most effectively aligned to support and advance the vibrant research programs at the UW-Madison. See the RTAG Charter for details. Anyone may attend. RTAG meeting schedule. Administrative contact.
Sep 8, 1:00-2:30, Rm 260 Bascom.
During the Fall, appointment of the PAT memberr to represent TLTAG.
- TLTAG has a campus-wide leadership role that is broad in scope as it relates to the use of technology to enable practices and efficiencies in teaching and learning. See the TLTAG charter for details. Anyone may attend. TLTAG meeting schedule. Administrative contact.
UW-Madison Information Security Team (UW-MIST)
No meeting in September.
UW-MIST is advisory to the CISO and IT Governance. See the UW-MIST Charter for details. Anyone may attend. Voting members are appointed. Faculty, staff and students at UW-Madison may join as members at large. Meetings are on the 1st Thursday of the month, 2:00-3:30, Rm 3139 CS. Contact email@example.com.
Web and Mobile Accessibility/Usability Coordinating Group (Coordinating Group)
No IT Policy-related activity this month.
The group coordinates improvement of the accessibility/usability of UW-Madison web and mobile systems and services through implementation of accessibility tools; creation of best practices, standards, and shared-expertise; creation of training for developers and service providers; and measurement of accessibility of websites and mobile applications. See the Coordinating Group charter for details. Meetings are normally on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month, 11:00-12:00, at McBurney Center. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
-- IT Policy: GARY DE CLUTE
Created: 15:12:22, Friday, Aug 25, 2017 (by GARY D.)
Updated: 15:09:37, Thursday, Sep 28, 2017 (by GARY D.)