IT Policy Activity, Feb 2018
Posted: 09:00:00, Tuesday, Jan 23, 2018 Expiration: 19:00:00, Thursday, Feb 22, 2018
The itpolicy-announce list communicates policy changes and opportunities to participate in development. Anyone may join by sending a blank email to email@example.com.
Opportunities to help shape IT policy
The IT Policy Planning and Analysis Team (PAT) meets on the first Friday of the month, 1:30-3:00, in Rm 3139 CS. These meetings help determine the future direction of IT policy. You are welcome to attend.
New / Revised Documents
The Incident Reporting and Response Procedures were updated to indicate that people contacting the DoIT Help Desk regarding a possible incident should call rather than email.
The Incident Reporting and Response Procedures Template was published as an MS Word document. The template is available for use by departments. Use of the template is not required.
See the Last Reviewed / Revised List for earlier activity.
Endorsement / Approval Pending
- The Information Technology Committee (ITC) endorsed the policy on May 19. The University Committee (UC) considered it in Oct. The Research Technology Advisory Group (RTAG) suggested extensive changes. The changes may need to be reviewed by other advisory groups. The ITC needs to approve the revised policy. The policy will be presented to the Faculty Senate this Spring.
- The draft policy was reviewed by the Advanced Threat Protection Steering Committee on Sep 21, the Policy Planning and Analysis Team (PAT), on Sep 26, and the UW-Madison Information Security Team (UW-MIST) on Oct 5. The PAT is working on the policy analysis to accompany the policy when it is forwarded to IT governance this Spring.
To comment, or suggest additional documents that need to be developed or revised, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forums / Events
The next IT policy forum is February, 15 2018, 3:00-4:30 Rm 159 Education Bldg. Topic: Policy Communications.
To comment, or suggest future topics, please email email@example.com.
Teams / Governance
Friday, Feb 16, 10:00-12:00, Room 3139 CS.
- First reading of draft Network Firewall Policy.
Policy Planning & Analysis Team (PAT) and its subcommittees
- Policy Portfolios. Commission a subcommittee to work on a proposed portfolio framework.
- Policy Analysis for the Network Firewall Policy (revised). Discussion. Decision (vote).
- Policy Impact Subcommittee Report
The PAT meets on the first Friday of the month, 1:30-3:00 in Rm 3139 CS. You are welcome to attend. See PAT meeting schedule.
- Communications plan on aligning IT policy with UW System policy
- Review of the Feb 15 IT Policy Forum.
- Planning for April IT Policy forum, topic: Digital Accessibility.
The PAT communications subcommittee meets on the third Wednesday of the month, 10:00-11:00 in Rm 2281 CS. You are welcome to attend. See Communications subcommittee meeting schedule.
- Aligning IT Policy with UW System Policy.
- Planning for the Mar PAT plenary meeting.
The PAT Executive Committee meets on the third Friday of the month, 2:00-3:00 in Rm 2147 CS. You are welcome to attend. See PAT EC meeting schedule.
- Two ad hoc subcommittees are meeting:
- Policy Impact Subcommittee: Estimating and communicating the impact of new or revised IT policies, and
- Policy Portfolio Subcommittee: Organizeing IT policies into portfolios of related policies.
- Endorsement of Cybersecurity Risk Management Policy (tentative).
-- IT Policy: GARY DE CLUTE
Created: 13:04:11, Saturday, Jan 20, 2018 (by GARY D.)
Updated: 10:50:33, Wednesday, Feb 28, 2018 (by GARY D.)