Determine the Exact Fields to Update
Upon your selection, a text box with field-specific instructions will appear next to the field you have chosen to update. By not selecting any of the options from the dropdown menu, that field will remain unchanged.
Overview of the Fields Available
- WriteAccess- Reset WriteAccess
- ReadAccess- Reset ReadAccess
- SiteAccess- Reset SiteAccess, Add SiteAccess, Remove SiteAccess
- CampusAccess- No campus level restriction, Ext/Internal with campus login, Internal for all campus users
- Relevance - My Group / sharing groups, My Campus, My University System, Universal
- Status - In Progress, In Review, Active, Inactive, Trash
- Activation- Reset Activation Time
- Expiration - Reset Expiration
- Comment- This field is required and allows a maximum of 1200 characters.
Select the Fields you want to Change
Using the drop down menus, select the fields you wish to change for the selected documents.
Add a Comment
- We strongly encourage a detailed description here for record keeping purposes. This description will appear in the Show Comments and Events section of each document the Batch Update is applied. In the image below, the red arrow is pointing to a description detailing the nature of the Batch Update.
If you expand the Show Comments and Events section of one of the documents included in the Batch Update, you will see the description along with the name of the person who made the update, plus the time and date stamp.
Check Your Work and Submit
Once you have made your selection(s), we strongly encourage you to check the:
- document selection(s)
- document version selection
- field selection(s), especially if you chose the correct selection from the dropdown menus
- description of the Batch Update in the Comment field is detailed
Once you are certain all your selections are accurate, click on the Submit button.
Batch Update Greater than 100 Documents
On a final note, documents will be updated 100 at a time.
For example, if you choose to update 398 documents at once, 100 documents will be updated at one time, then the next set of 100, then the next set of 100 and then the remaining documents until all your updates are made.
Only 100 documents are updated at a time to manage the load on our servers.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or need clarification on the Batch Update Tool.