Topics Map > Teaching, Learning & Academic Administration > Teaching or Instructional Policies
Topics Map > Student Academic Policies > Courses/Enrolling

L&S Procedure for Departments to Request to Teach an Undergraduate Course at a Non-Standard Time

How to request approval for teaching an undergraduate course at non-standard times

Classes scheduled at non-standard hours for Fall and Spring terms as defined by the campus policy here must receive Dean’s recommendation and Provost’s approval to be taught.

How to request an approval to teach an undergraduate course at a non-standard time in the College of Letters & Science:

  1. Review the campus policy.
  2. Submit an entry an entry through the Non-Standard Times request form.
    • Instructions and descriptions of the form fields can be found here.
We will notify you whether the request was recommend to and approved by the Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning or if there is a need for more information.


  • Departments should make every attempt to submit the requests before the course schedules are finalized in SIS.
  • Faculty and students should not be promised the non-standard time until the request is approved.
  • WF non-standard times are more likely to be approved than MF non-standard time.

Questions: Contact Associate Dean Shirin Malekpour (

Keywordsundergraduate, course, non-standard, time, request, permission   Doc ID95484
OwnerCathy Y.GroupL&S KB
Created2019-10-31 14:31:19Updated2023-08-11 08:43:35
SitesL&S KB
Feedback  0   0