Topics Map > Student Academic Policies > Credits

Removing AP or Transfer Credits from Student Records

This section is directed to L&S undergraduate students who are interested in having AP and/or transfer credits removed from their official UW-Madison.
Transfer credit can be awarded at UW-Madison to any admitted student who has completed coursework at a college or university accredited by a regional or national accrediting organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).  The unit responsible for reviewing and awarding credit for transfer work at UW-Madison is Credit Evaluation Services within the Office of the Registrar.    The general practice is that transfer credit will not be removed from a student's official records if requested.   It might be possible for students to get credits earned through examination such as Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) removed from their official UW-Madison records.  Students should contact Credit Evaluation Services or Admissions to see if this is possible.   See reading your credit evaluation for more details about transfer credits.

Students who have general questions about course equivalents and the credit evaluation process should contact the Office of the Registrar at:


For assistance in getting transfer credits reevaluated, please refer to course reevaluation request.

KeywordsAP, removing credits, removing AP credits,removing transfer credit, transfer credit, credit evaluation, credit evaluation services, evaluation, services, equivalents, direct, breadth, electives, geBLCX, transfer, course, test   Doc ID97856
OwnerTori R.GroupL&S KB
Created2020-02-11 16:26:56Updated2022-03-25 09:26:03
SitesL&S KB
Feedback  0   0