Topics Map > Features and Functionality
Topics Map > Migration > End User
Microsoft 365 - Change your Primary Address
Before changing your primary address, make sure you understand the additional changes you may need to make after you make this changes. Refer to the following document for more information: Microsoft 365 - Additional steps to complete when your primary email address is changing.
Note for administrators: In order to administer another NetID account in the Wisc Account Administration site, you must have administrative access over the account. To request administrative access over an account, follow these instructions. End users can also grant administrative access. Once administrative access has been granted, you can administer the account.
If you are requesting access to administer service or resource accounts, please follow steps outlined at Microsoft 365 - Request Group for Administrative Access.
The instructions below provide steps to change your primary address.
- Log in to the Wisc Account Administration site with your NetID credentials.
- Select the account you want to manage. . If you do not see the account you want to manage or are placed into your NetID account, review the following document: Wisc Account Administration site - Logging in.
- Click on the "Office 365" Tab in the left-hand column.
- Click the Email Addresses option in the menu. A list of all your potential primary addresses will be presented.
- Click Set as primary next to email address that you want to be your primary address in Office 365
Important: It may take up to 24 hours for this change to be reflected within Office 365 and the Global Address List (GAL).
For more information about the email addresses you see listed on this screen, see: Microsoft 365 - Manage Alternate Email Addresses