Topics Map > Frequently Asked Questions > Client Support
Office 365 - What browsers can I use to access my account?
For the smoothest user experience in Office 365, it is recommended to use the following versions of web browsers: IE 9 or above, latest Firefox "release" version, latest Chrome "stable" version, latest Safari version. Microsoft's list of absolute minimum browser requirements can be found here.
To log into your Office 365 account, go to Outlook on the web.
Common Browsers and their recommended versions
Internet Explorer - Recommended using IE 10 or above
- Support for Internet Explorer 8 will be ending in the early months of 2014. For more information, please see Microsoft's Office 365 and IE 8 support document.
Firefox and Chrome - Recommended using latest "release" version
- Latest releases can be found at Firefox's Homepage or Chrome's homepage respectively.
- Minimum requirements: Firefox 12/Chrome 18
- Why only the latest "release" version? Microsoft has the following to say on the matter:
Google and Mozilla do not maintain older versions of Chrome and Firefox, respectively. Also, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are designed to stream updates your computers, and are updated every six weeks. Many common problems with these browsers are resolved in the next update. taken from Microsoft's Client System Requirements page.
Safari - Recommended using latest version
- Safari's webpage can be found at: http://www.apple.com/safari/
- To update your version of Safari, perform a Software Update for your Mac operating system
- Minimum Requirement: Safari 5 or above