Topics Map > Features and Functionality > Client Capabilities > Desktop
Office 365 (Outlook 2016 for Windows) - Sort your Deleted Items folder by the most recently modified item
There may be times in which you wish to view your Deleted Items folder by messages that you deleted most recently, regardless of when the messages were received. This document will provide instructions that will allow you to sort your Deleted Items folder by the most recently deleted/modified item.
Add a new sorting arrangement column
First, you'll need to add a new sorting arrangement column to your Message Preview pane. We want to add the 'Modified' sorting arrangement.
- Open Outlook and navigate to your Deleted Items folder.
- Click View on the top ribbon.
- Next, click View Settings. This will open a new window.
- Click Columns... This will open another window.
- Under 'Select available columns from:', select Date/Time fields from the drop-down menu.
- Under 'Available columns:', select Modified, then click Add -> to add it to the list of columns that are currently active. Click OK to save your changes.
- Now, expand the Message Preview pane to show all of your available arrangement columns.
- Once you've expanded the Message Preview pane enough, you'll be able to see the different arrangement columns. Select MODIFIED to sort your Deleted Items folder by the most recently modified (in this case, deleted item).
- You can leave this arrangement column in your available columns, and utilize it when necessary.