SIS/Service Indicators - Adding a Service Indicator
A Service Indicator, often referred to as a hold, is added to a student’s record to indicate something has been completed or needs to be completed, such as meet with an advisor or pay a fee. Services impacted often include not being able to enroll (add/drop/swap) and/or request official student records, such as a transcript.
To add a service indicator/hold, to a student’s record, follow the steps below:
From Home, select: Student Records WorkCenter, Manage Service Indicators. The Find page will display.
Tip: Menu navigation: > Campus Community > Service Indicators > Person > Manage Service Indicators
Use the Find page to locate the student's record. A summary of the student's service indicators will display on the Manage Service Indicators page.
Verify the service indicator is not already in place.
Select Add Service Indicator at either top or bottom of the page. The Add Service Indicator page will display.
Complete all the fields as advised here: Service Indicator Page Definitions.
- Verify Institution = UWMSN
- Enter Service Indicator Code
- Enter Reason
- Enter Start Term
- Enter/verify today's date in Start Date
- If desired, complete any optional fields
Select [OK] to save.
- Your security determines which service indicator(s) you can add.
- If Start Term is entered and End Term is left blank, and the Services Impacted include enrollment, the student will not be able to add, drop, or swap from the specified Start Term or any future term until the service indicator is released.
- A service indicator that prevents enrollment requires a Start Term; also enter a current or future Start Date. This date determines when a student can view their hold in MyUW.
- If you want the service indicator to only be in effect for one term, enter the same term number in Start Term and End Term. You can also specify an End Date.
- The name of the advisor can be specified in the Contact ID field.
- A department should avoid placing multiple FEB service indicators. If a student has more than one fine for the same department, the total can be specified in the Amount field and/or details can be typed in the Comments field.
- To mass assign service indicators (>50), contact firstname.lastname@example.org.