NetID - Login Problems
If you are having problems logging into a web service (such as WiscMail or MyUW) or a computer workstation with your NetID, perform the following steps to attempt to resolve the problem.
Verify you are entering your NetID in all lower-case letters.
Note: If you are entering a 10-digit string of numbers, this is your Campus/Photo ID, which is not the same as your NetID.
- If you do not know your NetID, see NetID - Recovering a NetID
- If you have forgotten your password, see NetID - Recovering a NetID Password
- Verify you are using one of the NetID - Recommended Browsers.
- Clear your web browser's cookies and cache (see Clearing Browser Cache and Cookies).
- Setup your browser to accept cookies (use the "managing cookies" links on the bottom of Web Browsers - Cookies FAQ).
- If you still cannot login, call or visit the DoIT Help Desk. For security reasons, these issues cannot be resolved via email. To contact the DoIT Help Desk: Get Help from DoIT
If you are in a computer lab environment, you may not have privileges to perform some of these steps, or some of them may not be applicable to your situation. Please contact the lab's support staff for assistance.