NetID - Recovering a Forgotten NetID
This document outlines the process by which you can obtain your NetID if you do not know it.
- Visit the NetID Account Recovery Tool
- Enter the Recovery E-mail associated with your NetID and click Email My NetID
- If your E-mail is not found you will see the following error:
This indicates that you have entered an invalid recovery email address for your NetID. When initially setting your recovery address, you may have entered a different email address, or entered the same address without confirming that it is yours by clicking the link that was emailed to it. If you forgot to confirm the address after setting it, the confirmation link is only valid for 24 hours so it is likely too late to confirm the recovery address at this time. Please call the DoIT Help Desk for assistance- the Help Desk can only assist with account recovery over the phone.
- Once you receive the success notification, check your recovery email account for a message containing your NetID. If you do not receive an email, try the following steps:
- Check your spam, junk email, and/or clutter folders
- Retry the process after waiting a few minutes
- Call the DoIT Help Desk for assistance- the Help Desk can only assist with account recovery over the phone.