ECMS - How Perceptive Content (Imaging) Works
This document explains Perceptive Content document imaging concepts and how it works.
How Perceptive Content (Imaging) Works
This KnowledgeBase document is intended for people who are interested in learning how the Perceptive Content system works and its basic concepts. If you are trying to learn more about Perceptive Content and whether you can use it in your division or department, this is the document for you. If you are curious about Perceptive Content because you already use it, this document is for you. If you use Perceptive Content, but want to know more about it to see if you can use it in new ways, this document is for you.
The link to the Document Imaging Overview listed below briefly describes the three main components of Perceptive Content (formerly known as ImageNow).
The additional document links listed below expand on these components.
More on Document Capture
- Imaging - About Desktop Capture - Overview of Capture.
- Imaging - Document Capture - Step-by-step guide to capturing documents.
- Imaging - What ImageNow Printer is and how one uses it. - How ImageNow Printer fits into the Capture process.
- Imaging - About Import Agent - Import Agent is way of capturing a lot of documents at one time.
- Imaging - LearnModes Explained- A way of capturing data from application windows directly.
More on Working with Documents
- Imaging - Processing Documents - The first part speaks to Capture, but the remaining parts are about working with documents.
- Imaging - What is Linking and How to Link? - Connecting documents to data (e.g., a high school transcript to an applicant's student record).
- Imaging - What are Tasks? - Doing work with documents in Workflow
ImageNow Clients (Desktop and Web)
If you are new to Enterprise Document Management and you are thinking about using Perceptive Content software, here is an outline of a suggested project plan. Using the concepts above and this plan, you can begin thinking about how a product like Perceptive Content can help you. Please fill out our New Customer Form if you wish to be contacted by one or our team members to talk more about how your division or department might use Perceptive Content.