UW-Madison Kaltura - How to Upload Files to Mediaspace
1. Open your Chrome or Firefox web browser and go to http://mediaspace.wisc.edu:
This Article shows you how to upload files to Kaltura's Mediaspace site.
2. Login to MediaSpace by clicking Guest in the upper right hand corner and select Login. Login with your netid and password. If you have trouble with this, please refer to the Knowledgebase article on logging into Mediaspace.
3. Click on the Add New Button, and select Media Upload:
4. Click Choose a file to upload and select your file:
5. While the file is uploading, fill out any pertinent information. If you are uploading copyrighted footage for education purposes, make sure that you have the video set to 'private', this prevents any external parties from viewing the video. Generally we recommend setting the publishing setting to Unlisted as this will more easily let you use the video where you want outside of Kaltura MediaSpace. Here's some more information on the three publshing settings:
- Private - makes the video only viewable by you; sharing the link to the video requires a login with your NetID and password to view.
- Unlisted - any user with the URL can view the video
- Public - Searchable and viewable on the main Mediaspace site.
5. Click Save.
After a video is uploaded, it is converted for optimal playback. You cannot preview or publish a video during conversion. You can edit media information during conversion and while waiting for it to convert. Uploaded Media can be found under the My Media button on the title bar.