L&S Fund Management: Fund Numbers

Quick overview of the meaning of the most common three digit fund codes

Fund = The three digit code that tells us the source of the money.

This is part of the funding string: FUND | DEPT | PROJECT | PROGRAM | ACCOUNT CODE

101 - A480200 - 2 - 3100

Fund Type Description
101 Base budget or general fund
104 Funding from UW-Extension, non-credit outreach
131 Revenue generating programs, summer revenue
133 Non-Federal sponsored projects and awards
135 WARF funds, administered by VCGRE
136 Revenue producing account for cost recovery programs
144 Federally sponsored projects and contracts
150 Federal indirect cost revenue (overhead on sponsored projects)
161 UW System administered trust funds
233 Gift funds
402 Minority/disadvantaged programs (M/D funds)

This is a list of fund types used most frequently in L&S and not intended to be all inclusive.  Please contact the L&S Budget Office with any questions.  

Keywords101, 104, 131, 133, 135, 136, 144, 150, 161, 233, fund, funding string, trust, gift, revenue, WARF   Doc ID53388
OwnerKesha W.GroupL&S KB
Created2015-06-26 16:20:14Updated2023-07-06 06:24:49
SitesL&S KB
Feedback  0   0