WAF - Requesting New Software
This document explains how to request new software for inclusion on the WAF.
Note: Changes to the WAF must be performed during regular maintenance windows and require change approval. Additionally, new software must be examined thoroughly to identify any potential security or licensing issues, compatibility with software already installed on the WAF, ongoing maintenance tasks required to keep the new software running smoothly, and a host of other prerequisites. Performing this testing consumes a great deal of time, as we must ensure that the WAF environment remains clean and stable for our users. Please include these considerations when requesting software and plan for a turnaround time of 7-10 business days from the initial request.
Requesting New Software for the WAF
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following details:
DoIT Help Desk staff will create a WiscIT incident for the new software request and pass it to WAF SupportWAF Support will perform vetting of the new software and, if no problems are found, create change management requestsWAF Support will install and test the new software on the WAF during the approved change windowWAF Support will communicate with the original requester and let him/her know that the software is available
- Subject: WAF - New Software Request
- Software details: Name of software, vendor, and link to software download or purchase page
- Function: Is this standalone software, or does it integrate with something else? Is the application with which this new software integrates already installed?
- Business case: What is the business need for this software? Are there any alternatives to using this specific software?
- User base: How many users does this software request cover? Are you requesting the software for one person, an entire department, or several departments?