WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Logging in to your Site
This document will show you what you will see when you initially log into your site and what options are available to you.
Logging in to your Site
Visit http://wiscweb.wisc.edu/wp-admin to login to your site.
- Please note that if you are not connected to the campus network, you will need to log in to VPN before proceeding. Please reference WiscVPN - Downloading and Installing the GlobalProtect (PaloAlto) Client for more information on how to install the WiscVPN service.
The Dashboard in WordPress is the main hub you'll use to administer and edit your site. The main body will show recent updates to your site, as well as general WordPress updates.
In addition to the main screen, there is a top menu (1) and side menu (2) that allow you to access various menus and content creation functions.
- Top Menu: The Top Menu contains links to My Sites, where you can choose the site you want to edit (if you edit multiple sites). The other menu options contain shortcuts to many of the Side Menu functionality (described in detail below).
- Side Menu: The side menu contains all of the content creation options, as well site administration options. The following options are available for each.
- Content Creation: Posts, Events, Media, Forms, Pages, Documents Page, Faculty/Staff Members, wpDataTables. There are KB documents for all of these features.
- Site Administration: Comments, Appearance, Plugins, Users, Tools, Settings, Custom Fields. Many of the options are only available to site administrators.
The KB documents below will walk you through the basic functionality you'll need to know to get started in WordPress.
- WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Updating the Site Title, Tagline, and FavIcon
- WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Setting Your Homepage
- WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Creating and Editing a Footer
- WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Creating Posts
- WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Creating A Page
- WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Creating and Editing a Menu