Navigating to a Survey
- Log into AEFIS with your NetID credentials.
- Select the Menu button (three stacked lines commonly called the hamburger menu) on the left side of the page to open the AEFIS main menu.
- Under the Surveys header, select Surveys
- The Available Surveys page lists all of the surveys you administer. Find your survey and select Manage on the right side of the page.
You should now be at the home page for your Survey instance.
Assigning Course Sections
- Select Assigned Courses from the left navigation bar of the Survey instance page.
- Click the + Assign button to the right of the course section(s) that should receive the survey.
- A check mark will appear next to the course sections, and the Assign button will switch to saying Remove. At this point, the course section has been successfully assigned to the survey. You do not have to save the page.
Eventually, that black circle with white a check mark will turn into a green circle with white a check mark.
- If you need to exclude an instructor(s), see AEFIS - Eval - Excluding Instructors from Questions (Admin).
Special Circumstances for Course Assignment
Managing Cross-Listed Course Sections
Each time a cross-listed course is entered into SIS, one section is identified as the master. The other course sections are referred to as child or linked sections. These linked sections may belong to different departments, or entirely different schools or colleges, than the master.
When conducting AEFIS course evaluations, the department that owns the master section should issue the evaluation for all cross-linked courses (the master and each linked section). Therefore, the department, college or school that owns the linked sections should not be assigning those linked sections to any AEFIS survey instance (unless prior arrangements have been made). All results are aggregated and pulled into the master section.
Differentiating between Master and Linked course sections
On the AEFIS Assign Courses page, master course sections are marked with a chain-link icon annotated with a red square containing a number. The number denotes how many course sections are linked to this master course.