The Imaging System houses documents for a variety of divisions, departments and groups across campus. This document provides information on how to access the Imaging system off-campus.
How do I connect to the Imaging System from off-campus?
The Imaging system is available from both the UW Madison and UW Milwaukee campus IP space. To connect to the Imaging service while off campus you will need to have: a method of connecting securely to your campus network; and either remote desktop capability to your workstation on campus, or the Perceptive Content client installed or plan to access the Imaging service via the Perceptive Experience web client.
Many of the options below require additional time, configuration and testing on the part of you and your department, please consider this before you need to depend on your remote access solution.
- (General) Technology for Working Remotely: https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/98878 (includes remote desktop information)
- If you are not on trusted UW-Madison IP space, you will need to connect to the UW-Madison VPN (WiscVPN - Overview: https://kb.wisc.edu/90370)
- If you need to download and install and configure the Perceptive Desktop client you may begin here: https://kb.wisc.edu/ecms/31846 (requires WiscVPN)
- Another option is to access the Perceptive Experience web client here: https://imaging.wisc.edu/perceptiveexperience/ (requires WiscVPN)
- If you are trying to access the Imaging service from a Mac (or windows) remotely, the Windows Access Facility is an option as well: https://kb.wisc.edu/ecms/63293 (requires WiscVPN)(Also requires your account to be provisioned, see https://kb.wisc.edu/836)